If home is where you feel safe and loved, then building homes with healthier indoor air quality is the best match we could imagine! Our high-performance, certified-green homes are constructed with better ventilation, low VOC paint, and higher-quality materials that guarantee healthier indoor air — so no matter what’s going on outside, you can be sure that you’re always safe and secure inside your home.
From relaxing in your family room to cooking in your kitchen, everything you do at home is accompanied by fresh, clean indoor air that effectively reduces pollutants, increases comfort, and of course, gives you and your family peace of mind. The need for comfort and security is greater than ever… and we’re excited to say that you and your family can finally take a deep breath and relax!
Built For Health
Our homes are unmatched when it comes to craftsmanship and design — but what truly sets us apart are the products and materials we use behind the walls to make sure your home operates at peak efficiency.
- Exterior Air Barrier: ZIP System® reduces the risk of water vapor moving into the wall system. Air barrier also assists with maintaining conditioned air. Maintaining conditioned air means less energy is needed to recondition the air. Less energy means lower utility bills. And since all building systems must perform well together to optimize the energy efficiency of a home, the savings can add up.
- Low VOC Paint and Carpet: Some paints may emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that can serve as an irritant to people with certain allergies. Our homes feature low-VOC paints that help improve indoor air quality. Low-VOC carpets help reduce airborne irritants that can cause problems for allergy sufferers and help improve indoor air quality.
- MERV 11 Filter: The MERV rating is a measurement scale designed by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) to rate the effectiveness of air filters. MERV ratings go from 1 to 16, with higher ratings corresponding to a greater percentage of particles captured. MERV 11 filters capture more than 95% of airborne particles including pet dander, dust, and smoke. Every HBD home features a MERV 11 air filter for your HVAC System that is designed to help remove dust and allergens from your home.
- Electronic Air Dampers: The HBD building process includes full home ventilating which brings in fresh air from the outside.
- Sustainable Materials: Our host of vendors choose materials that are not only good for the environment but also for the health and comfort of your family.
Comfort and Peace of Mind
Now more than ever, you deserve a home that prioritizes your health and well-being just as much as you do. Whereas older homes may lack the features that provide fresh, clean indoor air, our brand new, efficient homes are specifically designed to let you breathe easier than ever before. Every moment you experience at home is enhanced by healthy air — which means comfort and peace of mind, 24/7.
Since 2009, our team has embraced high-performance green building, and we are honored to have built the most single-family homes certified to the NGBS in the country. This year, we look forward to showing you how one of our healthy homes will make your life extraordinary. For more information about our healthy new homes in the Triangle, NC, please contact us at 919-205-3404.